Top Tips for a Happy, Balanced Day
Last week, my friend Julie and I spent lunch at our partner Campbell’s World Headquarters, chatting about how the small choices we make help us win the day. With so much on our plates, from work to kids to activities, it’s a challenge to consistently make good food choices, especially for lunch.
We aren’t nutritionists or dietitians, just real women trying to navigate the food pitfalls of our modern busy lives. We found these small changes have created positive results in our lives and can benefit you too.
Whether you’re trying to find great choices for lunch on-the-go, feed your picky eaters at home or just fit into your favorite jeans, here are our no- fail tips.
- Wake up and get dressed in your work out gear. For me this is a must if I’m going to work out. And that means putting on your trainers too. For Julie- she sleeps in her gear- and that makes her workout as soon as she wakes up.
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning. It’s important to kick- start your day with a glass of water to get hydrated.
- Stock your pantry and fridge for success. Aim to incorporate whole ingredients with nutritional and functional benefits like quinoa, wild rice, and beans into your meals.
- Increased activities and exercise require increased protein in the diet. Well Yes! soups have 6 varieties that are a good source of protein. Keeping these in the house, my fave being the Roasted Chicken with Wild Rice having 15 grams of protein per can, prevents me from ordering take out when I need a meal on the fly.
- Prep as you unpack groceries. Cut peppers into strips, peel carrots and dice onions and place into zip top bags for easy access when prepping meals.
- Travel with water bottles to stay hydrated and avoid choosing sugary drinks or too much caffeine.
- Pack an insulated container of Well Yes! soup for an easy, on-the-go lunch option you can keep in your purse, in your car or at your desk.
- Feed picky eaters balanced meals by introducing comfort foods with added benefits. Soups like chicken noodle or chicken and rice are flavors picky eaters usually like. The Well Yes! versions include added ingredients like white beans or wild rice, making it easy for picky eaters to try new ingredients.
- Vegan or vegetarian eaters can get both protein and fiber from Well Yes! options like the Cajun Red Bean and Vegetable.
Can you tell we love soup?? For more info head to – www.WellYesFoods.com
This post was Sponsored by Campbell’s Well Yes Soups. All opinions are my own.